Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Monticello


While Grandma (Renae) was visiting, we were able to take a day trip to Charlottesville, VA to visit Thomas Jefferson's home. The house is very interesting on the inside, but definately not my decorating style. Sorry no pictures of the inside because photography was not permitted. I guess you will have to come visit us so you can see his decorating style for yourself.


Here is Emma throwing pennies on Thomas Jefferson's Grave. Grandma gave her pennies to throw as it looked to be the tradition. As we walked away my wise husband helped me put two and two together. We should have been throwing nickles being as Jefferson is the President that is located on the nickle.

Look I am almost as big as the 200year old trees here at Monticello.

3 comments:

Kizzie said...

We visited Monticello when we were back there in like '96. I'd love to go back , I remember it being pretty neat!
And you're only half the size of that 200 year old tree!! :) You look cute!

Meg said...

Nice belly; are you ready yet? Any names chosen?

jensenfam4 said...

You look great Lindy. I'll be thinking of you this week! Good luck w/ everything. Love ya! I can't wait to see what Lu Lu will look like.