Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving



Preparing for the Thanksgiving meal started around 9am as Kyle and Emma went down to Stafford, VA where a friend of ours, Ammon, fried our turkey. Emma was gone for about 4 hours and I was able to clean the whole house in peace.

A few days before Thanksgiving Kyle said "this is our first Thanksgiving doing all the cooking our selves" and I told him it is more like warming up. Our menu consisted of Stove Top Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, Brown and serve rolls, Olives, Jello Pudding, Sweet Potatoes(I did cook this), and Mashed Potatoes brought by Haley and Turkey.

The food was nothing that Martha Stewart would have cooked, but I am sure but it was good. Although I did take a little inspiration from Martha for my table. I think the table turned out great. Wish I had gotten a picture before it was covered with food and people.

Over all Thanksgiving was nice and low key. We had great food and good conversation. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and remembered to count your blessings.

1 comment:

jensenfam4 said...

Good job Lindy! I am nervous for the day I have to make our thanksgiving dinner. Your's looks great.